1. In a bowl take 1/4 cup warm milk (not hot). add 3 tbsp sugar and mix until completely dissolved.
2. Now add 2 tsp yeast and give it a good mix. cover the bowl with a lid and set it aside for 15 minutes to let it activate.
3. In a large bowl sift 2 cups all purpose flour / maida, a pinch of salt and add the activated yeast. knead the dough by adding water. the dough will turn sticky and that’s perfect. keep kneading using strech and pull method . it will take 10-15 minutes.
4. Once the dough starts coming together, add 1.5 tbsp salted butter and knead the dough until the butter is completely mixed together with dough.
5. Now apply some oil and put the dough in a large bowl. cover it with a lid and place it in a warm place for atleast 1.5 hours.
6. After 1.5 hours you will see the dough is doubled. punch and knead again for 2 minutes.
7. Now roll the dough using a rolling pin. it should be thick, approximately about 1/2 inch.
8. Now cut it using a doughnut cutter or a lid (use 2 lids, one big and one small in combination or even cookie cutter). repeat the same step till you use the entire dough.
9. Now place the doughnuts on butter paper and let it rest for 15 minutes.
10. Heat oil in a pan on medium flame and fry the doughnut till they burn golden brown. do not do it on high flame.
11. You can just coat it in caster sugar and enjoy or coat one side with your favorite chocolate, top with sprinkles and enjoy.