Dindigul Food Court
1. Soak 2 cups or 400 gms of seeraga samba rice in water for 15 minutes.
2. In a mixer grinder, add a handful of mint leaves, a handful of coriander leaves, 3 green chillies, 10 garlic cloves, 2 inch ginger, 1/2 onion, 1 inch cinnamon, 3 cloves, 1 green cardamom, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1/4 tsp black peppercorns. grind into a paste and keep aside.
3. In a pan, add 2 tbsp oil, 2 tbsp ghee, 1 bay leaf, 1 green cardamom, 1 star anise, 1 inch cinnamon, 1 blackstone flower (kalpasi), 1 clove and 2 finely sliced onions. saute till onion turns soft.
4. To this, add the ground paste, 1 finely chopped tomato, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 3/4 tsp corainder powder, salt as per taste. saute well.
5. Add 3 tbsp curd and mix well.
6. Add 600 gms chicken and saute for 3 minutes on medium flame. add 1 cup water. cover and cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
7. Add 3 more cups water, salt if required, juice of half a lemon, 2 cups of soaked seeraga samba rice. boil on medium flame. then cover and cook for 20 minutes on low flame.
8. Donne biryani is ready to serve.