1. Take one cup daliya & dry roast for 4-5 minutes. now keep it aside.
2. Chop the veggies of your choice. you can add carrot, capsicum, bellpeper, beans, sweet corn, onion etc.(p.s. – put in your favorite ones 😇) in our recipe we have used onion, carrot, capsicum, beans & tomato
3. Heat a pan add 1 tablespoon of oil, once heated, put 1/2 tbsp rai/ black mustard seed and let it crackle.
4. Add 1/2 tsp of chopped ginger, green chill & some curry leaves in it and stir for a minute. add onion, as the onion turns a little translucent, put veggies in it and stir for 5 minutes. here half cook the veggies otherwise it will lose its crunchy-ness .
5. Now add 1/4 tsp turmeric,1/4 tsp black pepper powder, salt to taste in it and stir for a minute. now add daliya and water. quantity of water should be 2.5 times quantity of daliya.
6. Put the lid & let it cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
7. After 5 minutes your daliya upma is ready. top it up by squeezing a lemon on it! 🍋 it's ready! 👩🍳
1. This serves one person.