Dalia Khichdi | Broken Wheat Or Cracked Wheat Khichdi
1. Wash and chop 1/4 cup vegetables. keep aside. wash and dry roast 2 tbsp dalia / broken wheat and 1 tbsp moong dal / yellow split gram separately. set aside.
2. Heat 1/2 tsp ghee in a pan, add 1/4 tsp cumin seeds. let it crackle. then add the roasted moong dal and fry it for 2 minutes.
3. Now add the mixed vegetables along with 1 clove of chopped garlic and give a quick stir. then add roasted daliya and mix well.
4. Now sprinkle a pinch of turmeric powder, 1/4 tsp pepper powder (optional) and required salt to taste. give a quick stir. add water and bring it to a boil. close the lid of the pressure cooker and cook it on low, medium flame for three whistles.
5. Open the cooker once pressure is released. mash it well and serve warm.