Dal'er Bora With Chutney
1. Soak 1/2 cup khesari dal in water for 10-12 hours.
2. In a mixer grinder, add the soaked dal, 1 tbsp chopped ginger, 2-3 green chillies, 1/2 tsp black cumin seeds, salt to taste, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and blend to a paste. set aside. (do not add water)
3. Heat sufficient oil in a pan. once oil is hot, start making boras in the size you wish for. deep fry until light brown. set aside.
4. In a mixer grinder, add 1 raw mango, 2 green chillies, 1 inch ginger, handful of coriander leaves, handful of mint leaves, black salt to taste, 7-8 black peppercorns. blend to make a smooth paste. chutney is ready !
5. Enjoy dal'er bora with chutney!
Rock salt can also be used in place of black salt.