For the dal
1. First of all, wash and soak the bengal gram lentils / chana dal in water for 1-2 hours. then put turmeric powder and water in the cooker and give 2-3 whistles.
2. Then heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and let them splutter. then add finely chopped onions and finely chopped tomatoes.
3. Further, add ginger-garlic-green chilli paste and cook till it leaves the oil.
4. Add kashmiri red chilli powder, one teaspoon each of cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala and fry it well. then add bengal gram / chana dal.
5. Cook the dal properly for 5-7 minutes. then add some butter in a pan, put cumin seeds, dry kashmiri chillies and kasoori methi / dry fenugreek leaves and put aside in the tempering.
6. Add chopped coriander leaves for garnish.
For the pakkwan
7. Take all purpose flour / maida for the dish. in it, put oil, salt, carom seeds, add water to knead the dough.
8. Then heat oil in a pan and make puris. pierce all the puris with a slotted spoon and put mathri on low flame. take it down and serve with dal.