1. Heat 1 cup water in a sauce pan. add 1/2 tsp grated ginger along with 2 whole crushed cardamom.
2. Add 1 heaped tsp tea powder and 1.5 tsp sugar to it. let it boil for 3-5 minutes.
3. Simmer and add 3/4 cup milk to it. let it come to a rolling boil. repeat again (2 boils in total). simmer for a minute then switch off.
4. Strain, pour to another tumbler froth it. to the cutting chai glass pour only half, then serve.
1. You can add just 1/2 cup milk to 1 cup water but in this recipe 3/4 cup is added. it depends on how watery you like your chai to be.
2. Make sure to boil well with tea powder so that the decotion is thick and strong.