South indian, Mains
1. Firstly, in a pressure cooker heat 2 tbsp ghee. alternatively, use oil instead of ghee.
2. Further add 1 bay leaf, 1 star anise, 5 cloves, 1 inch cinnamon, 1 tsp pepper and 1 tsp jeera.
3. Saute till the spices turn aromatic.
4. Further add 1 onion and saute well.
5. Additionally add 2 green chilli and 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste. saute well.
6. Furthermore add ½ chopped capsicum and ¾ cup corn. saute for a minute.
7. Now add ½ tsp garam masala and 1 tsp salt. saute slightly.
8. Add 1 cup basmati rice. make sure to soak for 20-30 minutes.
9. Saute for a minute without breaking rice grains.
10. Further add 1 cup milk and 1 cup water. milk helps to give more flavour, however you can replace with water or coconut milk.
11. Pressure cook for 2 whistles on medium flame. if cooking in open pan, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes or till water is evaporated completely.
12. Additionally add 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves and mix gently.
13. Finally, serve corn pulao with raita or veg sagu.
1. Firstly, add tomato to make slightly tangy corn pulao recipe.
2. Also, add vegetables of your choice to make pulao more healthy and nutritious.
3. Additionally, adjust the quantity of green chilli depending on the spice level.
4. Finally, to prepare perfect corn pulao always use good quality basmati rice.