South indian, north indian, Condiment
1. Heat oil in a pan. add urad dal / black gram skinned, cumin seeds, green chilli, ginger, a piece of tamarind and saute few minutes.
2. Now add coriander leaves and saute for few minutes.
3. Add rock salt, grated coconut, jaggery and saute for few minutes.
4. Turn off the stove and cool it.
5. Add the sauteed mixture to the blender, pour little water and grind to a smooth paste.
6. For the tempering, heat oil in a pan. add urad dal / black gram skinned, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chilli, hing / asafoetida powder, curry leaves, garlic and saute it for a minute.
7. Turn off the stove and pour the coriander chutney. mix well.
8. Enjoy the coriander chutney with dosa, idli or upma.