Simply Mamá Cooks
1. Take a big mixing bowl and add 1.5 cups shredded cabbage, 1 cup shredded carrots, 1/4 cup shredded capsicum in it.
2. Next add in 1 tbsp grated onion, 1/4 cup chopped spring onions, 1/2 cup mayonnaise and 4 tbsp milk.
3. Next add in 1 tsp mustard powder, 1/2 black pepper, salt to taste, 2 tsp sugar and juice of 1 lemon.
4. Mix everything together well and it’s ready!
5. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with more spring onion before serving.
Tips and tricks
1. Although coleslaw is a cabbage salad, you can use any choice of vegetables along with the ones mentioned. you can also add grapes, apples and pineapples, which go well with this salad.
2. You can also grate the carrots if slicing them is difficult.
3. Shelf life of coleslaw is not more than 2 days.
4. You can use this as a side accompaniment or a filling for sandwich.