Coconut Burfi/ Kobbari Mitai
I prepared this for Krishna Jayanti.
1. Grate the coconut and try to remove the brown part. grease a tray or a plate to pour the mixture.
2. Heat a pan / kadai and add the grated coconut, sugar and water. cook on medium flame, keep stirring once in a while.
3. Once it starts to get thicker, add ghee and cardamom powder. mix well and keep cooking until it's thick and starts to leave the sides of the pan. this should be in low flame.
4. The right consistency is when you touch the mixture you should get a one string consistency of the syrup. then it's done.
5. Turn off flame and pour the mixture to the greased pan and pat it, so that it's evenly spread. let it cool for a while and then cut it into desired shapes.
Ghee roasted cashewnuts are optional. i haven't used it here.