1. Heat a deep non-stick pan and dry roast 3 cups poha / thin beaten rice on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously or till crisp. keep aside.
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a deep non-stick pan. add 1 tsp mustard seeds and 4-6 curry leaves.
3. Once the seeds crackle add 1/4 cup raw peanuts, 1/4 cup roasted chana dal and 2 tbsp cashew nut halves. mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they turn light brown in colour.
4. Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
5. Then add the roasted poha / thin beaten rice, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tbsp powdered sugar and salt to taste. mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously. keep aside to cool completely.
6. Store in an air-tight container and use as required.