For prawn mixture
1. Clean and devein 500 gms prawns. wash and leave in a colander for the water to drain.
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a kadai or pan and add the cleaned prawns. fry it on high heat for around 30 seconds till water dries up.
3. Add 2 tsp ginger garlic paste, mix and fry for 2 minutes on medium heat.
4. Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp red chilli powder, 2 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder and 1 tsp salt. mix and fry on low heat for around 2 minutes.
5. Switch off heat and add 2 tbsp each of chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves. add juice of 1/2 a lemon (2 tsp). mix and take it out on a plate.
For the pulao
6. Soak 2 cups (400 gms) basmati rice for 30 minutes.
7. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add the whole garam masalas namely 4 green cardamom, 2 inch cinnamon, 5 cloves, 2 star anise, 2-3 bay leaves. once it splutters, add 4 small (250 gms) sliced onions and fry on medium heat for around 12 minutes till it starts turning brown.
8. Add 2 tsp ginger garlic paste and fry on low heat for around 1 minute.
9. Now add 2-3 chopped green chillies, 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves and continue to fry on low heat for another minute.
10. Add 1.5 tsp coriander powder and add a splash of water to prevent it from burning. fry on low heat for 1 minute.
11. For 2 cups (400gms) basmati rice, add 700 ml water and let it come to a boil.
12. Add 2.5 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp garam masala powder. mix well.
13. Once the water comes to a boil add the drained rice, mix well and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes till the water nearly dries up.
14. Add the cooked prawns mixture, chopped coriander and curry leaves. mix well, cover and cook on low heat for around 10 minutes till the rice is cooked.
15. Optionally add 1 tsp of ghee and give a mix. mix and serve.