Chef Sanjyot Keer
1. In a bowl, take 500 gms chicken pieces, add 1 tsp salt, crushed blackpepper to taste, 1 egg, 2 tsp soy sauce, 3 tbsp cornflour, 1 tbsp all purpose flour or maida, 1 tbsp pound ginger garlic and mix well. let it sit for 30 mins.
2. Heat some oil for deep frying, gently drop the marinated chicken pieces into the hot oil. deep fry them for 3-4 mins and take them out when they turn golden brown in color.
3. To make the cornflour slurry, add 1 tbsp cornflour in 1/4 cup water. mix very well to avoid any lumps. keep aside.
4. Heat a wok/pan with some 1 tbsp oil, add finely chopped ginger & garlic, 3 finely chopped green chillies, 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped capsicum and stir fry them for 2 mins.
5. Add 1 tsp vinegar, 2 tsp soy sauce, 2 tsp chilli sauce, 3 tbsp tomato ketchup and mix everything well. add 1/4 cup of prepared cornflour slurry and mix well.
6. Add the fried chicken pieces and mix well. add spring onion whites and greens and mix well.
7. Serve the chilli chicken hot with some fried or noodles.