1. Soak 1 cup chickpeas / chana in water overnight.
2. To a pressure cooker, add the soaked chickpeas and make sure they are immersed in water. add a pinch of salt. pressure cook for 2 whistles on medium flame. strain it and cool it completely. (the chickpeas should be firm and not mushy)
3. To prepare salad dressing, in a bowl add juice of 1 large lemon, 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt, crushed black pepper to taste. mix everything together and keep aside.
4. Take a nice big bowl for mixing. add the cooked chickpeas, 1 medium size chopped onion, 1 small chopped capsicum, 1 deseeded and chopped cucumber, red and yellow sliced cherry tomatoes. (you can also use regular tomatoes)
5. Add some chopped coriander leaves. finally, pour the salad dressing. also add 1/4 tsp chat masala powder. (optional) mix the salad together. adjust the seasoning according to taste.
6. After mixing everything, let it sit for 10 minutes.
7. Refrigrate and serve it nice and cold.
1. While cooking the chickpeas, make sure the chickpeas are firm and not mushy.
2. If you dont have extra virgin olive oil, skip using it.
3. Make sure to cut all vegetables to the same size.
4. If you dont have cherry tomatoes, use regular tomatoes. make sure they are ripe and juicy.
5. You can also use yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper, or any vegetable of your choice.