Chicken Spring Roll
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan. add 1 tbsp each of chopped garlic and ginger. sauté well. add 1/2 cup shredded cabbage and 2 medium carrot cut into juliennes, toss on high heat.
2. Add 1 cup chicken mince, 1 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp oyster sauce, salt to taste and crushed black peppercorns as per taste and mix well. cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
3. Reserve some of the spring onion greens for the sauce and add the remaining in chicken mixture. switch off heat and mix well. transfer onto a plate and let the mixture cool.
4. Mix refined flour with some water and mix to make a thick paste.
5. Place the spring roll sheets on a worktop. put a portion of the cooked mixture on one side of each sheet and roll along with folding the edges. apply the prepared flour paste on the edges and seal tightly.
6. Heat sufficient oil in a pan. deep-fry the rolls till golden. drain on absorbent paper.
7. To make the sauce, combine remaining soy sauce, 1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar, 1/2 tsp crushed red chillies, crushed peppercorns as per taste and reserved spring onion greens in a bowl. add some water and mix well.
8. Serve hot with the prepared sauce.