1. In a bowl, sieve 125 gms or 1 cup all purpose flour. add 1/4 tsp salt, 85 gms or 1/3 cup+ 2 tbsp butter cubes direct from fridge. use fork to combine flour and butter.
2. Add 1 tbsp iced cold water and mix to combine into a dough.
3.Wrap this dough with food plastic wrap and chill in fridge for 30 – 60 minutes.
4. Sprinkle dry flour on the surface where you will roll the dough. place the kneaded dough on surface. sprinkle dry flour on top of the kneaded dough. roll out dough into a 25 cm diameter.
5. Take an 8 inches removable base quiche pan and place the rolled dough on top.
Remove the extra ends falling out of the quiche pan.
6. Poke holes with fork on the base of dough.
7. Cover with food plastic wrap and chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
8. After chilled, place a piece of parchment paper at center. pour 2 cups rice for pressing crust while baking to avoid bulging due to heat.
9. Bake in a preheated 150°c ~ 160°c oven for 15 minutes.
10. Remove the rice along with the parchment paper and continue baking for another 15-20 minutes till slightly brown crust.
11. Baking time & temperature may vary depending on the type and accuracy of oven. you may need to adjust your oven temperature accordingly.
12. In a pan, add 15 gms or 1.5 tbsp butter, 1 finely chopped garlic clove, half finely chopped onion. stir fry for a while.
13. Then add 110 gm of finely chooped boneless chicken. mix well. add 20 gms chopped carrots, 5 button mushrooms finely sliced, 1/4 tsp salt, pinch sugar, black pepper powder as per taste, 2 tbsp green peas.
Cook till water dries. then add this mixture on top of the baked dough.
14. In a seperate bowl, add 100 ml double cream and 1 egg. whisk it well. transfer this on top of the mixture on the baked dough.
15. On top, spread 2 slices of cut cheddar cheese, a few basil leaves.
16. Bake in a preheated 150°c ~ 160°c oven for 30 to 35 minutes or till golden brown on top.
17. Baking time & temperature may vary depending on the type and accuracy of oven. you may need to adjust your oven temperature accordingly.
18. Chicken quiche is ready to serve.