Chicken Manchow Soup
Chef Sanjyot Keer
1. Minced the chicken with either hands or in a food processor.
2. Set a pan on high flame, add oil, garlic and green chillies, sauté for a minute, add the minced chicken and cook it for 2-3 minutes. remove it in a bowl and keep aside.
3. Continuing in the same pan, add carrots, capsicum, mushroom, cabbage and tomatoes and sauté for 2-3 minutes. now add the cooked chicken and mix it with the veggies.
4. Add soy sauce, red chilli sauce, sugar, salt & pepper as per your taste, mix well and continue to cook on high flame for a minute.
5. Add the chicken stock or water and stir and cook for 5-7 minutes, when the scum or froth starts floating on the surface, remove it with a spoon and discard it.
6. Make cornflour slurry by adding 3 tbsp cornflour in 50 ml water. keep aside.
7. Add the cornstarch slurry and cook until the soup thickens. add vinegar, whisked egg and cook further for 1-2 minutes mixing it with light hands. add spring onion greens and mix well. check for the seasoning.
8. Your chicken manchow soup is ready to be served, serve hot along with fried broken noodles.
For fried noodles
9. In a mixing bowl, add the boiled noodles, salt, cornstarch and oil. mix and coat the noodles well with the cornstarch.
10. Set oil for frying add the noodles carefully and little at a time. deep fry them on medium high heat until crisp and golden brown.
11. Remove it on a absorbent paper and crush them, store them in an airtight container and in cool, dry and hygienic place.