Chicken In Charred Red Pepper Sauce
Chicken in a Charred Red Pepper Sauce makes for a wholesome and hearty dish. It’s low on carbs & full power protein. I’ll be putting up the nutritional info best to my knowledge below. It’s great for those of you who’re focusing on eating right, well actually it’s awesome for everyone!
All you vegans out there can easily replace this with soya champ. Cut it into pieces and follow the procedure same same.
1. Marinade 250 gms chicken with 1 tbsp smoked paprika, salt to taste and 1/2 tsp pepper. set aside.
2. Char 1 large red bell pepper on all sides. cool and remove the skin, deseed and purée.
3. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a non-stick pan. add the chicken and cook on high flame for 5-6 minutes. remove from pan, set aside.
4. Add 1 tbsp oil to the same pan, add 1 large finely chopped onion, 4-5 finely chopped garlic, 2 dried red chillies and sauté till brown.
5. Add 2 large pureed tomato and pepper purée along with seasoning like salt to taste, 1 tsp italian seasoning, 2 tsp smoked paprika powder.
6. Cook sauce on low heat till oil separates.
7. Add the chicken, mix and add 1 cup water.
8. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes on low heat. add water if required.
9. Garnish with fresh basil and serve with a side of bread or pasta.
1. Don’t replace smoked paprika, it’s so delish and a must have on your kitchen shelf.
2. No basil?just replace with any fresh herbs like coriander.
3. I didn’t have italian seasoning so i just used keya garlic bread seasoning.