Cheesy Masala Paneer Buns
1. Heat oil in a pan, add 1/2 finely chopped onion, fry it for 2 minutes.
2. Next add 3-4 cloves of chopped garlic / garlic paste and again cook it for 2 more minutes.
3. Add 1/2 cup finely chopped capsicum, cook it for 2-3 minutes on a high flame. then add 1 chopped tomato, salt to taste and cook until the tomatoes becomes soft and mushy.
4. Lower the flame, add 1 tsp red chili powder, 1/2 tsp coriander powder, 2 tsp pav bhaji masala and little ketchup, cook it well for 3-4 minutes.
5. Next add 1 cup paneer / cottage cheese cut into tiny cubes, mix everything well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
6. Lastly add 1 tsp lemon juice and 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves. gently give everything a nice mix and the paneer masala is ready. keep it aside.
7. Take ready made burger buns, cut it into two halves (horizontally), apply some pizza sauce on each half of the buns.
8. Add some grated processed cheese on the buns, apply generous amount of prepared paneer masala, sprinkle some oregano and red chilli flakes.
9. Heat some butter in a pan and toast the buns on a low flame by covering it with a lid for 2-3 minutes or until cheese melts and its ready to be served.
1. If you don't have pizza sauce, you can mix tomato ketchup and red chilli sauce in equal quantities. add some oregano and chilli flakes as well. mix it well and use it instead of pizza sauce.
2. You can use this paneer masala for making sandwiches as well.
3. This recipe serves 2 people.