Cheesy Bhaji Omelette
For bhaji masala
1. Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan, add 1 chopped onion, fry it for 2 minutes.
2. Add 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot, 1 green chilli and cook it for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add 1/2 cup chopped capsicum and 1 chopped tomato. fry it well for another 3-4 minutes or until the tomato becomes soft and mushy.
4. Lower the flame, add salt to taste, 2 tsp pav bhaji masala and 1 tsp red chilli powder, add 3-4 tsp of water and cook the spices well for about 4-5 minutes.
5. Next add 2 tsptomato ketchup, mix it well with the spices, add some chopped coriander leaves and 1 tsp lemon juice. mix everything well. the bhaji masala is ready, keep it aside.
6. In a bowl, break 3 eggs, add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper powder, whisk it well.
7. Heat 2 tsp butter in a non stick pan, pour the egg mixture, lower the flame and allow the eggs to settle down a bit.
8. Put some of the prepared bhaji masala and spread it on half side of the omelette, add generous amount of grated cheese.
9. Gently and carefully, fold the other half side of the omelette. cover the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame and its ready to be served.
1. This recipe serves 2 people.
2. Do not add alot of the bhaji masala over the omelette, around 4 tsp would be enough.
3. You can use any kind of cheese, i have used the normal processed cheese.