North indian, Mains
1. Begin with boiling the chana; add some turmeric and a pinch of salt to it. cook on a medium-high flame for 5-6 whistles.
2. Heat oil and ghee in a pan or any suitable pot to cook the gravy. add jeera and the khada masalas. sauté for about 20-30 seconds till the masalas are infused in oil and aromatic.
3. Add ginger-garlic paste and cook for another 1-2 minutes. then add the onion paste and cook until the rawness of onion is gone and oil separates.
4. At this stage; add green chillies,jeera powder, dhaniya powder, haldi, amchur powder and red chilli powder. combine it all and allow it to cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Now add the tomato purée. stir and cook for a while. add the boiled chana in it, also the leftover water from it.
6.Separate the khada masalas now. add the crushed khova and salt to taste. cook until the gravy is thickened. (mash the chana with a soft hand and stir occasionally)
7. Lastly, garnish with some coriander and serve hot.