Carrot Beans Poriyal
South indian, north indian, Mains
1. Firstly, in a large kadai heat 4 tsp oil and splutter 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp urad dal / black gram skinned, 1 tsp chana dal / bengal gram, few curry leaves and 2 dried red chilli.
2. Add ½ finely chopped onion, 2 slit green chilli and saute until onions shrink slightly.
3. Further, add 2 cups chopped carrot, 2 cups chopped beans, ½ tsp turmeric powder and 1 tsp salt.
4. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until spices are well combined.
5. Add ¼ cup water and mix well.
6. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked well yet retain their shape.
7. Now add ½ cup grated coconut and mix well.
8. Finally, enjoy carrot beans poriyal with hot steamed rice along with saaru.