I’ve always had a special spot in my heart for kheer. The recipe I’ve got for you today is a twist on the traditional. This Caramel Kheer will become your favourite. It’s a super simple recipe and can easily be made from ingredients in your pantry.
1. Wash and soak 1/3 cup sona masoori rice in 1 cup water.
2. Boil 1 litre full cream milk with 1/3 cup sugar and set aside.
3. Heat a heavy bottomed pot. add 2 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp water. let it turn into a golden colour. immediately add the milk.
4. Add 2-3 pods of cardamom and cook on low heat till 3/4.
5. Drain rice and add to the milk. add a handful of cashews, almonds and raisins. cook till kheer is thick and rice is done. garnish with chopped nuts. chill for 4 hours. serve cold.