South indian, Mains
Dindigul Food Court
1. Firstly, in a pan dry roast 2 tbsp peanuts until they turn crunchy and skin separates.
2. Add in 1 tbsp sesame and roast until they turn aromatic.
3. Transfer to the small mixer and allow to cool completely.
4. Now in the same pan add 1 tsp coriander seeds, ½ tsp cumin, ¼ tsp methi. roast for minute.
5. Further add few curry leaves, 6 dried red chilli and ¼ cup dry coconut.
6. Roast until the coconut turns golden brown.
7. Allow them to cool completely, and transfer to the same mixi.
8. Now blend to coarse powder without adding any water. keep aside.
9. In a large kadai heat 2 tbsp oil and saute 1 tsp cumin.
10. Add in ½ onion followed by 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and saute well.
11. Additionally add 1 capsicum, ½ onion and saute for 2 minutes.
12. Saute until the onions shrink slightly.
13. Further add 1 tomato and saute well.
14. Now add ¼ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp salt and mix well.
15. Add in prepared masala and saute for minute.
16. Now add ½ cup tamarind extract and mix well.
17. Add water as required adjusting consistency.
18. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until oil separates.
19. Finally, add 2 tbsp coriander and enjoy capsicum masala curry with roti.