Indo chinese, Mains
1. Firstly, in a large kadai heat 3 tsp oil and splutter ¾ tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp cumin and few curry leaves.
2. Also, saute 2 tbsp peanuts until it turns crunchy on low flame.
3. Additionally, saute 1 green chilli and ½ onion until the onions turn translucent.
4. Furthermore, add ¼ grated carrot and 2 tbsp capsicum. saute and cook well.
5. Now add 2 cups finely chopped cabbage, ¼ tsp salt and saute 3 minutes or until it cooks well.
6. Also add ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp chilli powder and ½ tsp garam masala. saute on low flame till spices turn aromatic.
7. Furthermore, add 2 cups cooked rice, ¼ tsp salt and mix gently.
8. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes or till rice absorb spices.
9. Now add 2 tbsp coconut and few coriander leaves. mix well.
10. Finally, serve cabbage rice with raita or pack to your kid's lunch box.