North indian, Mains
1. Take 500 grams cabbage and chop it in a chopper. keep aside.
2. Heat 20 milliliters oil in a pan, add 1/2 teaspoon carom seeds, 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds. stir well then add 1 teaspoon ginger, 1 teaspoon green chilli. mix well.
3. Now, add 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder, 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder, 1/2 teaspoon amchur / dry mango powder. mix once, then add chopped cabbage. cover and cook for 10- 15 minutes. remove the pan from heat and let the mixture cool.
4. Take out the mixture in a bowl and add 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder and 1 tablespoon coriander leaves. mix well and keep aside.
5. In a bowl, add 250 grams wheat flour, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt. mix once and add 130 milliliters water little by little.
6. Mix and knead it to make a soft and smooth dough.
7. Keep aside and rest the dough for 10-15 minutes.
8. Take a small ball from dough and dust some flour over it, to avoid it from sticking.
9. Flatten it with the help of rolling pin and shape it into a circle.
10. Place the prepared cabbage mixture in the centre. seal the edges completely so that the stuffing does not come out.
11. Flatten the dough circle, roll them with a roller to approximately six-inch diameter. this is now called a paratha.
12. Heat a griddle, place paratha on it and cook on moderate heat for 2-3 minutes. turn it and brush it with ghee.
13. Turn it and again brush the other side too. cook on low heat until golden brown. remove it from heat.
14. For tempering curd, in a heated pan dry roast 1 tablespoon cumin seeds for 10-15 seconds.
15. Crush it in mortar with a pestle and keep aside.
16. Now, in a bowl, add 300 grams curd, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder and 1/2 teaspoon prepared cumin seeds, mix well.
17. Serve hot paratha’s with curd.
This recipe serves 4.