Burmese Khao Suye
1. To make the broth cut veggies like carrots, babycorn, broccoli and blanch them. drain water and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan add 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp chopped garlic, 1 tsp chopped ginger and saute.
3. Add blanched vegetables, salt to taste, 1 tsp turmeric powder.
4. Add 1 cup coconut milk and mix well. add 1/3 cup water and give it a boil. broth is ready.
5. Garnish with thai basil and coriander greens.
6. Serve with boiled noodles along with browned onions, dry garlic flakes, spring onions, lemon wedges, roasted peanuts, chilli flakes, chopped coriander leaves.
This recipe serves 1 person.