Brown Rice Pongal
South indian, Mains
Shilpa Shetty Kundra
1. In a pressure cooker, add 1 tbsp ghee. roast 1 cup daawat brown basmati rice, 1/2 cup moong dal / yellow split gram, 3 cups water, salt as per taste. pressure cook for 4 whistles.
2. Add little water and mix to smooth consistency.
3. In a small pan, add 1/2 tsp ghee, 7 to 8 cashew nuts, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 7-10 black peppercorns, 1 tsp finely chopped ginger, 2 finely chopped green chillies, 8-10 curry leaves. mix well. cook for a minute.
4. Pour this tempering to the dal-rice mixture.
5. Brown rice pongal is ready.