Brinjal Pepper Kuzhambu
South indian, Mains
1. Soak tamarind in hot water and extract the tamarind juice and keep aside. brinjal should be cut as shown and keep it immersed in water.
2. Roast all the ingredients under the roast and grind heading in a hot kadai one by one till nice aroma rises.
3. Grind to a coarse powder.
4. In the same kadai add the oil and fry brinjal till it turns its color as shown in the video. keep it aside.
5. Add a tsp of oil / ghee and add the tempering items followed by curry leaves.
6. Add the tamarind extract and required water, salt and bring it to boil and then add the fried brinjal.
7. Boil till the brinjal gets cooked and lastly add the ground powder slowly and stir well.