Brinjal Fry (vankaya Fry)
Dindigul Food Court
1. Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 1 tbsp chilli powder, ½ tsp turmeric, pinch of hing, 2 tbsp rice flour and ½ tsp salt.
2. Combine well making sure the spices are mixed.
3. Now add 2 tbsp water and prepare a masala paste.
4. Add in 1 brinjal thickly slices and coat with masala paste.
5. Coat well and rest for 20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile prepare rava mixture by mixing ¼ cup rava, ½ tsp chilli powder and ¼ tsp salt.
7. Now coat the marinated baingan with rava on both sides.
8. Shallow fry or pan fry in hot oil.
9. Fry on low flame making sure to cook well.
10. Now flip over and cook brinjal on both the sides. do not over cook as then brinjal will loose shape.
11. Finally, serve brinjal fry recipe / brinjal rava fry as a side dish.