1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan. add 2 brinjals cut into cubes with skin and saute.
2. Roughly chop 2 medium tomatoes and add along with salt to taste. toss and cook.
3. Dry roast 3.5 tbsp scraped fresh coconut till lightly browned. remove from heat and cool.
4. Roughly chop 6 green chillies and add to the brinjal and tomatoes. cover and cook further.
5. Add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, mix well. cover and cook till the vegetables turn soft. switch off heat and keep it covered.
6. Take roasted coconut in a grinder jar alongwith 1 tbsp tamarind paste and cooked brinjal-tomato mixture. grind into a coarse chutney and transfer into a bowl.
7. Heat 1 tsp oil in a non-stick pan. add 1 tsp mustard seeds and 10-12 curry leaves and let the seeds splutter. add this tempering to chutney and mix well.
8. Serve as an accompaniment.