North indian, Snacks
Your Food Lab
Masala / stuffing preparation
1. Mash the potatoes and keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add green chilli, grated ginger and garlic, fry it for a minute on medium flame.
3. Add green peas, fry it for a minute on medium flame.
4. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, crushed cashew and cook it for few seconds.
5. Add potatoes, garam masala powder, roasted cumin powder and salt to taste. mix the spices properly and cook it for 2-3 minutes on low flame, keep stirring in between.
6. Turn off the flame and add coriander leaves, mix it and let the masala / stuffing cool down completely.
7. Remove / cut the brown edges of the bread slices.
8. Take one bread slice and dip it into the plain water, take it out immediately and gently squeeze the water.
9. Put the stuffing in the middle and roll it from all the sides to seal it, give it a cutlet / ball shape. repeat the process to make remaining bread rolls.
10. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai or thick bottom pan, let the oil heat properly.
11. Put the bread rolls in hot oil one by one, fry it on medium flame till it turns golden brown.
12. Once the bread rolls turns golden brown, take it out on the kitchen towel.
13. Bread roll is ready, serve hot with favourite chutney.
This recipe serves 6 people.