Bokkeumbap (korean-style Fried Rice)
To marinate the chicken
1. Combine 1 pound chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch cubes, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp kosher salt and a pinch of ground black pepper in a bowl. mix it well with a wooden spoon.
To make the curry stir-fry
2. Heat up a large frying pan over medium hight heat.
3. Add 3 tbsp vegetable oil and 1/2 cup chopped onion. stir for about 1 to 2 minutes until the onion turns light brown.
4. Stir in the marinated chicken and cook for about 3 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink.
5. Add 8 ounces of fermented kimchi, 1/4 cup peeled and chopped carrot, 1 chopped green bell pepper. stir for 2 to 3 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
6. Add 2 bowls (3 cups) of cooked rice , stir it in and mix all together with a wooden spoon. stir in 1/4 cup korean curry powder until everything is a well mixed, with even yellow color with no rice lumps.
7. Remove from the heat. transfer to 2 plates and top with an over-easy eggs on each (if you use). or pack it in a lunchbox. it will still be delicious even hours later.