Black Sesame Chicken
1. In a mixer grinder, make a smooth paste of 55 gms black sesame seeds, 20 gms garlic and 15 gms ginger.
2. Marinade 1 kg chicken with little oil and salt to taste.
3. Turn on the flame and add oil in a heavy bottomed pan. fry 4 medium potatoes cut into halves and keep aside.
4. In the same oil, add 1 tsp cumin seeds, 2 bay leaves and 2 dry red chillies.
5. Add 3 medium (175 gms) finely sliced onions and saute for sometime.
6. Once the onion is soft and translucent, add the marinated chicken and fry on medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
7. Add the paste of ginger, garlic and black sesame. add in 1 tsp cumin / jeera powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder and saute for sometime.
8. Reduce the flame to medium low, add the fried potatoes and cover with a lid till the chicken is properly cooked.
9. Turn off the flame, add 1/4 tsp garam masala powder. cover it again to infuse the scent of the garam masala in the chicken.
10. Serve with hot steamed rice or roti.
This recipe serves 6.