North indian, Mains
Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
1. Heat 3 to 4 tsp coconut oil or any oil in a pan.
2. Add 2 finely chopped onions and saute it till it turns brown in color.
3. Then add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp chilli powder, 1.5 tsp amchur / dry mango powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, salt to taste and mix well.
4. Now add 1/2 cup grated coconut, few chopped coriander leaves and mix well. turn off the stove. your masala filling is ready. keep aside.
5. Cut the okra head, make a slit from the center (from top to bottom) but don't cut completely and remove the seeds.
6. Stuff the lady fingers /okra / bhindi with the masala.
7. Heat any oil in a pan. gently place the stuffed okra and cook on a low flame.
8. Cover the pan and cook for few minutes.
9. After a few minutes, turn the okra / bhindi to cook both the sides. fry till it cooks completely.
10. Garnish it with left over masala filling and serve hot.