1. In a large bowl, add 1 cup maida / all purpose flour, 2 tbsp besan / gram flour, 1/2 tsp salt, and 2 tbsp hot oil and mix well. mix till you get a crumb like texture.
2. Add water gradually and knead it to a dough. let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
3. To make the filling, heat a pan and add 1 tbsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp fennel seeds and dry roast them for a 2-3 minutes.
4. Add 1/2 tbsp poppy seeds, 1 tbsp sesame seeds, 1/2 cup desiccated coconut, and roast again for a couple of minutes. let the ingredients cool down.
5. Transfer it to a mixer jar, add 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp sugar and grind it to a fine powder.
6. Take the dough and divide the dough into 2 or 3 portions.
7. Roll out the dough to a medium thickness round disc. spread the sweet tamarind chutney all over the disc evenly.
8. Spread the masala powder fully on top of it. roll the disc tightly. seal the edges (you can also cut them off)
9. Cut the bhakarwadi to 1/2 inch sized pieces. press each bhakarwadi slightly to seal the masala.
10. Heat some oil for deep frying. add the bhakarwadis into the hot oil and fry them on low flame till they golden brown in colour.
11. The bhakarwadi is now ready. let them cool to room temperature and store them in an air-tight container.