Besan Kamal Kakdi
North indian, Mains
Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
1. Peel and diagonally slice the lotus stem.
2. Heat some water in a non-stick pan. add lotus stem, cover and bring to a boil. reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. add gram flour, mix, reduce heat and sauté till fragrant.
4. Strain the lotus stems into a bowl reserving the excess water.
5. Add asafoetida, cumin seeds and mix well. add coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder, salt and mix again.
6. Add boiled lotus stems, mix and cook for a minute. add some of the reserved water and dried mango powder, mix and cook till dry.
7. Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
8. Sprinkle some garam masala powder and serve hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves.