North indian, Mains
1. Firstly, in a pan heat 2 tsp oil and add 1/2 tsp ginger paste, 1 slit green chilli. saute for a minute, until the raw smell of ginger paste disappears.
2. Now add 1.5 cups grated beetroot, 1/2 tsp salt and saute for 2 minutes.
3. Further add 2 tbsp water, cover and cook for 10 minutes. cook until the beetroot is cooked completely.
4. Cool the mixture and transfer to the blender. blend to smooth paste, without adding any extra water.
5. In a large bowl, take 2 cup wheat flour / atta, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds / jeera, 1/2 tsp garam masala powder, 1/2 tsp amchur / dry mango powder, 1/2 tsp ajwain / carom seeds and 1/2 tsp salt. mix well, making sure all the spices are combined well.
6. Further add prepared beetroot paste, 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves and 1 tsp oil. knead the dough well adding water if required. knead to smooth and soft dough.
7. Now grease it with 1 tsp oil, and rest the dough for 15 minutes.
8. Further pinch a ball sized dough, roll and flatten it. also dust with some wheat flour.
9. Further roll it in a thin circle like chapati or paratha.
10. Now on a hot tawa place the rolled paratha and cook for a minute.
11. Furthermore, when the base is partly cooked, flip the beetroot paratha.
12. Also spread 1/2 tsp oil / ghee and press slightly on both the sides.
13. Flip again once or twice till both the sides are cooked properly.
14. Finally, serve beetroot paratha with raita and pickle.