North indian, Mains
1. Take a pan put it on the flame add 1 tbsp coriander seeds, 4 dry red chillies, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, 100 gms cashew nuts, poppy seeds, whole garam masala namely 2 cloves, 2 cinnamon sticks, 1 mace, 2 green cardamom, 1 star anise. dry roast them, and add 1/2 cup grated coconut and make a paste. keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan add 3 bay leaves, 1 chopped onion, salt to taste. once the onions turn slightly pink, add 6 curry leaves, 4 slit green chillies, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder. give it a good mix. next, add 250 gms beetroot cut into cubes. saute it for a minute.
3. Then and 250 gms potatoes cut into small cubes. cook for some time and add the made paste.
4. Add 1/2 cup yogurt. cook it for 2 minutes. add 3 chopped tomatoes, little water, 2 tbsp chilli powder add 1/2 cup green peas. put the lid on and let it cook for 25 minutes on a slow flame.
5. After 25 minutes add 1/2 cup coconut milk and switch off the flame. add chopped coriander leaves and 1 tsp lemon juice.