1. Wash beetroot in running water very well. finely chop them or grate it. wash 2 tbsp rice and 1 tbsp moong dal / yellow split gram together and soak it in water for 10 minutes.
2. Heat a pressure cooker with 1 tsp ghee. add 1/4 tsp cumin seeds and a pinch of hing / asafoetida. let it crackle.
3. Then add 1 clove of chopped garlic. give a quick stir. now add 2 tbsp chopped beetroot. toss it for a minute.
4. Add a pinch of turmeric powder and salt at this stage. drain the water from soaked rice and dal and add it. mix well.
5. Now add 1 cup of water and close the lid of the pressure cooker.
6. Cook everything in a medium flame for three to four whistles.
7. Open the cooker once the pressure released. mash the khichdi well with your hands or with a masher and feed your baby warm.