North indian, Snacks
1. Grate 2 beetroots and keep it aside.
2. In a pan, add 1 tbsp oil, add few chopped cashew nuts and few raisins and roast them well.
3. Add 1 thinly sliced onion, 2 finely chopped green chillies and saute.
4. Add 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste and saute.
5. Add the grated beetroot and saute till they are cooked.
6. Add 5 boiled potatoes and mash everything well.
7. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, add chopped coriander leaves, boiled green peas. mix everything well.
8. Make small patties from it and keep it aside (you can refrigerate at this stage for 10 minutes. this step is optional)
9. Mix 2 tbsp all purpose flour / maida with water and make a batter.
10. Dip the patties in the maida mixture.
12. Roll it in bread crumbs and set aside. (you can refrigerate at this stage for 10 minutes. this step is optional).
13. Shallow fry the patties till they are brown in color.
14. Serve the beetroot cutlets hot with ketchup or any dip of your choice.