1. Firstly, in a large thick bottomed kadai boil 2 litres of full cream milk stirring occasionally.
2. Once the milk comes to a boil, add 2 tbsp chopped cashew nuts, 2 tbsp chopped almonds and 2 tbsp chopped pistachios. stir well making sure milk doesn't stick to the bottom.
3. Boil the milk on low flame for 30 minutes or till milk reduces.
4. Keep stirring in between to avoid milk from sticking till the milk reduces to quarter.
5. Now add 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 tsp saffron and mix well.
6. Boil for another 5 minutes or till the milk thickens completely.
7. Now add 1/4 tsp cardamom powder and mix well.
8. Finally, serve basundi chilled or hot garnished with few dry fruits.