Basic Fried Rice
Chef Sanjyot Keer
1. Wash the rice (500 gms) to remove excess starch and soak it in fresh water for at least 15 minutes.
2. Set water to boil in a pot, add salt to taste, oil (1tbsp) and the soaked rice, stir and cook until rice is cooked 80-90 percent. this will take about 8-10 minutes.
3. Transfer the cooked rice in a sieve or a colander so to drain the extra water. keep aside to make fried rice.
4. Set a pan on high heat, add oil (3 tbsp), spring onion bulbs (1/4 cup chopped) and ginger garlic paste (1 tbsp), sauté for a minute.
5. Add spring onion greens (1/4 cup chopped), green chilli paste (1 tbsp), carrot (1/3 cup chopped), cabbage (1 cup sliced), capsicum (1/3 cup chopped), french beans (1/4 cup chopped) and sugar (1 tbsp), mix well and sauté for a 2-3 minutes on high flame.
6. Add paneer (150 gms – small dices) and mix gently, sauté it for a minute.
7. Add soy sauce (1 tbsp), red chilli sauce (1 tbsp), salt and blackpepper powder to taste, mix and cook high heat for a minute.
8. Add the cooked rice, mix gently and cook for another 2 minutes.
9. Add vinegar (1 tbsp) and some freshly chopped spring onion greens, mix and toss well.
10. Your restaurant style veg fried rice is ready to be served, serve hot with schezwan sauce on side.