Baked Chicken Cutlets
Let me know how they turned out!
1. Add a pinch of salt and pepper on 250 gms chicken breast and rub.
2. Steam or boil the chicken breast with a cup of water for 5-6 minutes.
3. Drain and set aside to cool. mince completely.
4. In a pan heat 1 tbsp olive oil, add 2 medium finely chopped onions, 1/2 inch finely chopped ginger, 8-10 finely chopped garlic and sauté till water evaporates.
5. In a large bowl, add all the ingredients including the tempering made above along with 2-3 finely chopped green chillies, 1/2 cup finely chopped spring onions, 1 large boiled and mashed potato, 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander leaves, 1 tbsp smoked paprika, salt and pepper to taste, 1/2 tsp cumin powder and knead.
6. In two seperate plates, keep 2 cups panko breadcrumbs and 1 cup refined flour / maida ready.
7. In a mixing bowl, mix 1 egg, 1 tbsp cornflour, 1 tbsp refined flour and 3 tbsp water. mix well to avoid any lumps.
8. Scoop small amounts and shape into cutlets. pop in the freezer for 20 minutes.
9. Dust cutlets in flour, dip in egg mix and immediately coat with breadcrumbs. freeze the cutlets for 20 minutes.
10. Pre-heat oven to 200°c.
11. Add the crumbed cutlets to a lined and greased baking tray. generously drizzle olive oil on all. bake at 200°c for 20-30 minutes or till golden. serve hot!.