Baingan Aloo Aur Mattar Ki Subji
North indian, Mains
Cook with ND
1. Heat a pan with 2 big spoons of oil. when oil is hot, add mustard seeds and 1/4 tsp cumin seeds. let them splutter.
2. Add 1 chopped onion. mix it and add a pinch of hing / asafoetida, 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic-green chilli paste. mix it well and cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
3. After 2 minutes, add 1 chopped potato (optional), chopped brinjals. cook for a minute by stirring continuosly.
4. Add 1 chopped tomato, some frozen green peas. give it a good stir.
5. Add 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1/4 tsp garam masala powder, 1/4 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder, 1/3 tsp coriander powder and salt to taste. mix it all, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
6. After 3 minutes, mix again. add little water to ensure that potato and brinjal are cooked well. cover and cook for 4-5 minutes on low flame. add some chopped coriander leaves.
7. Subji is ready! serve it with roti, parantha or rice.