Avocado Egg Salad
Continental Desi Kitchen CDK
1. To make hard-cooked (hard-boiled) eggs, in a saucepan, cover eggs with 1 inch (2 1/2 cm) of cold water, bring to a boil then immediately remove from heat and cover with lid. let eggs stand, covered in hot water for 12 minutes. then plunge eggs into ice cold water to stop the cooking.
2. In a mixing bowl, add 1 medium sized mashed avocado, 2 tbsp light mayonnaise, and 1.5 tsp lemon juice. stir in the hard boiled eggs, 3 tbsp finely chopped celery, and 1 tbsp finely chopped chives. season with salt and black pepper powder to taste.
3. Egg salad is best eaten the same day as making.
1. In place of mayonnaise, you can also use greek yogurt.
2. In place of chives, you can also use parsley or dill.