South indian, Dessert
1. Heat a pan with tsp of ghee and fry the cashews till golden brown and in the same pan,add the aval and fry till golden brown.
2. Boil 2 cups milk (needs more milk) and add the fried aval to it and cook in medium or low flame till the aval is done. takes roughly 8 minutes.
3. Boil ½ cup water and add powdered jaggery to it. heat until dissolved. filter to remove any impurities.
4. Add the jaggery, elachi annd mix well in low flame. don’t boil more than a minute as there are chances of curdling of milk.
1. If you want to make it super fast, you can just coarsely grind the poha after frying and make,will be done in no time!
2. The jaggery amount is approximate, adjust as per your taste. you can add as much as ½ cup jaggery.
3. If you feel the jaggery you are using has no impurities,you can use as such.
4. Same recipe can be made with sugar too.
5. Want to make it vegan? skip ghee and milk. use water for cooking poha / aval and finally finish by adding thick extracted coconut milk. do not boil after adding coconut milk. just heat slightly.
6. Cashew nuts can be added roasting in coconut oil (virgin coconut oil).