Andhra Style Chicken
1. Marinate the chicken with salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Roast the spices namely coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, poppy seeds, green cardamom, cloves and cinnamon in a pan on low heat for 3 minutes. take it out on a plate & allow it to cool. grind it into a powder.
3. Finely chop 2 onions & 2 tomatoes, slit and cut the green chillies.
4. Heat oil in a pan or kadhai. add the cut green chillies & curry leaves, give it a mix.
5. Now add the chopped onions and fry on medium heat for 10 minutes till it starts turning brown.
6. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry on low heat for 2 minutes.
7. Now add the marinated chicken and bhunno / fry on high heat for 2 minutes.
8. Continue to bhunno / fry on medium heat for another 4- 5 minutes till the chicken pieces are browned.
9. Now add the ground spice powder, give a mix and add a splash of water. add 1/4 tsp salt or as per taste and mix. continue to fry / bhunno on low to medium heat for 5 minutes till it cooks & coats the chicken pieces.
10. Add the chopped tomatoes. mix & fry on medium heat for a minute.
11. Now reduce the heat to low and cook covered for 10 minutes till the tomatoes are soft and pulpy (saucy consistency).
12. Add 150 ml water, give a mix and cook covered on low heat for another 10 minutes till chicken is tender.