Andhra Chicken Curry
1. Marinate the chicken with the items indicated and set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Roast the spices in a pan on low heat for 3 minutes. take it out on a plate & allow it to cool. grind it into a powder.
3. Chop the onions & tomatoes, slit and cut the green chillies.
4. Heat oil in a pan or kadhai. add the cut green chillies & curry leaves, give it a mix.
5. Now add the chopped onions and fry on medium heat for 10 minutes till it starts turning brown.
6. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry on low heat for 2 minutes.
7. Now add the marinated chicken and bhunno / fry on high heat for 2 minutes.
8. Continue to bhunno / fry on medium heat for another 4- 5 minutes till the chicken pieces are browned.
9. Now add the ground spice powder, give a mix and add a splash of water.
10. Add salt to taste, mix and continue to fry / bhunno on low to medium heat for 5 minutes till it cooks & coats the chicken pieces.
11. Add the chopped tomatoes. mix & fry on medium heat for a minute.
12. Now reduce the heat to low and cook covered for 10 minutes till the tomatoes are soft and pulpy (saucy consistency).
13. Add 150 ml water, give a mix and cook covered on low heat for another 10 minutes till chicken is tender.